Monday, March 4, 2013

thepopculturedivas: #Selkie - Plot Bunnies Work In Mysterious Ways

I blogged over at The Pop Culture Divas, about where/how the inspiration came from for my brand new upcoming series, Isle of Man and Selkie (book one, SEAL THE DEAL) is coming later this year. Love it if you pop over and say hi, maybe even offer up where your story ideas spark from.

"Before I work on a new project, I love to watch themed movies to 'get me in the mood'. Dracula and Queen of the Damned for example, were watched before I wrote Dracula's Kiss. The music, the tone of the movie, cinematography...all of it. It preps me. Gets in the right frame of mind to begin the process of storytelling. Think of it as my visual stimulation, similar to how many writers use music tracks to set the mood for different scenes. It brings forth my plot bunnies and gets my creative juices flowing.

And my recently acquired SEAL THE DEAL, book one in the Isle of Man and Selkie series (coming later this year), a movie was responsible for lighting the idea lightbulb.

ONDINE is the movie, starring Colin Farrell
. Most readers who know my work are I think aware that he is responsible for inspiring my bestselling Irish Kisses series. And here he is, doing it again. In a round-about sort of way." -- click for full post: thepopculturedivas: #Selkie - Plot Bunnies Work In Mysterious Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment