Monday, April 4, 2011

Read For A Cure With Paranormal Romance Author, JoAnne Kenrick!

All publisher profits from April 2011 sales of JoAnne Kenrick's paranormal romance, When A Mullo Loves A Woman, will go to the American Cancer Society s Relay For Life program. With a unique take on the vampire genre, When A Mullo Loves Woman revolves around the ancient gypsy legend of the undead.


Decadent Publishing, an ebook to print publisher, donates publisher profits from a different book each month, to Relay For Life. Relay For Life is the flagship fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, and provides funding for cancer research and programs to assist cancer patients and their families. Through the month of April 2011, When A Mullo Loves A Woman, a paranormal romance by debut Charlotte author JoAnne Kenrick, joins their 'Read for a Cure' efforts.
When A Mullo Loves A Woman is available to buy from all major ebook retailers, the print edition is coming soon. Featuring soul sucking mullo (mullo: ancient gypsy legend of the undead), this book is dubbed unique with enough twists and turns to make your toes curl.


Author Information:
JoAnne Kenrick grew up in a small sea-side town in North Wales. Having experienced life in several different countries, she now lives in North Carolina with her husband, two children and a lazy cat. When they aren’t demanding her attention, she can most likely be found watching a vampire movie, reading, or baking up a British feast in her N.C. kitchen. And if she isn't in one of those spots, she is probably hiding in her writer's cave or recording her next vlog.



What people are saying about this unique paranormal romance:
"Take a chance on this new author and pick up this book. I was thoroughly entertained by this offering and am sure you will be too" -- BittenByBooks
"I got so caught up in it, there were a lot of fun quotes, too. 'I'm up the ghostie creek without an emf meter is my favorite." -- Demon Lover's Books And More
"A winning and surprising Paranormal Romance" -- The Romance Reviews

Blurb:
Adam Flint's Gypsy visions always guide him to those who need his paranormal gifts. He gets more than he bargained for in Pearl Kizzy, a beautiful spitfire from Liverpool. Adam knows that to save Pearl, he must help her accept her own Gypsy heritage. Although Adam and Pearl fight their burning attraction for one another, a night of passion sparks memories of their treacherous former lives. Unable to face the loss of Pearl in this century, Adam scrambles for distance from the love of his life. A rejected Pearl falls into the arms of a Mullo -- a gypsy legend of the undead--who lays claim to her heart, and her life. To survive, Adam and Pearl must accept their tragic part, and find a way to kill the undead.



Excerpt:

“Pearl, come out of the rain. You’ll catch your death.”

A strike of lightening blazed up the sky, a brilliant yellow. Was Mother Nature expressing the fury I felt inside? Was I somehow connected to the storm? It felt that way, and I wanted the sounds of the storm to fill me to the brim, leaving no room for confusion. I looked up at the moon and held out my arms. Take me, storm, take me.

Adam grabbed my hand and dragged me under the deck’s roof.

I can’t let the ocean call you to its depths. I won’t let it happen.

I heard what was in Adam’s head. No, I felt it. A panic had taken hold of him. It was gut-wrenching; his heart pounded hard and fast as though he’d lost someone to the sea, a loved one.

“What the hell?” I maneuvered to face him—his arms were still wrapped tight around me. I wiped the sodden hair away from my face and stared up at him. The sense of familiarity flooded me again, and I yearned to bask in the comfort that comes with such closeness. A desire to place my head on his chest and to wrap my arms around him filled me, but I resisted for fear of being pushed away.

“Have you ever met someone for the first time, but in your heart you feel as if you’ve met them before?”

“Yes,” he said. Adam gazed into my eyes, his expression soft and concerning.

“What do you think it means?”

Dunno.”

I loved the vibration of his thoughts. They traveled through me as though they belonged to me. It made me feel close to him. Being with him was like being with an old friend. Frosty-ass comments and all, I wanted to take comfort in him and could resist no more. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his chest. It felt like home. He felt like home.

“Maybe we knew each other in a past life?” I asked, closing my eyes and leaning into the safety of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment